Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I love what I do!

I had a shoot last night with Shannon, James and Ben; clients that have been with me for years now. We were celebrating a soon-to-be newbie to the family, baby Jack!

I was moved by these photographs, and I think that a large part of that came from the relationship I've developped with this family over the years. I really feel blessed to have clients that I can follow through life, and to be given the opportunity to document the evolution of their families.

I think that choosing a family photographer is often something that is done on a whim, and without much forethought; only taking into account variables like location, cost and availability. But I have clients that can attest to the value of choosing a photographer based on the quality of work and (even!) personality. Your family photographer should be someone you would have as a family friend, someone that you'll want to share your life with over the years, and someone that your children will grow to know and love as well.

Enough talk! Let's back this up with a little proof... here are some samples from last night's shoot, which includes hands-down my favorite maternity shot of all time (the single shot not included in the story board).

Enjoy the sneak peek, Shannon!

Josée