Monday, July 02, 2007

Alison's Angels

Yesterday I spent the afternoon at the Beach with my friend Alison, her hubby Mets and their three gorgeous children.

At 26 years old, I don't have many friends with children. I also don't live in my home town where most of my relatives are. I realized yesterday that I don't often have the opportunity to photograph children that I know personally, or whose parents I know well. I did yesterday and the experience was so fantastically lovely.

When I photograph children I don't know, I am touched by the images I've captured. Yesterday when I went through the photographs I captured of Alison's familiy, I was so completely moved. It could be that I really love these kids, but I think most of it was that the love, affection & connection in this family is so precious... they're the epitome of the family I hope to have one day. I was just so happy to be able to eternalize it with my art. Here are a few of my favorites from yesterday...