Monday, September 08, 2008

The Five Handsomes!

When I read "five boys" in Michelle's e-mail, it sounded like a lot of kids. But when I saw five boys walk towards me, I couldn't help my jaw from dropping a little. Five. Boys. Wow. I had to ask: "Are you trying to build a hockey team? A band, maybe??"


But after spending just a few minutes with them, I could see how Michelle and John would just keep going when each of their kids are as beautiful and as bright as the next.

I imagine that the biggest challenge when you're a child in a large family is standing out. So my favorite part of this session with Johnny, James, Christopher, Danny & David was making them do just that!











Here are the two responsible for all of this. Modern day heroes if you ask me! :)



This is David. You probably can't tell unless you really look closely, but he's just managed to kick some sand into his eyes, nose and mouth. But instead of calling out for mom or dad, he just lay there in the zone, totally zen, wondering how to deal with the situation.



David again... I love this photograph because Michelle told me that David doesn't go anywhere without his doggy, and that he's a great multi-tasker for it; that he somehow manages to always have something in both hands while trying to do something else. I'm really glad I was able to get this!