Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Who I am & who I'm becoming

I'm back! Completely swamped, though at the same time enlightened and inspired. I spent a few marvelous days last week picking the minds of brilliant women and all of a sudden, the mountain I've been trying to climb has morphed into a mole hill and I feel calm and composed, regardless of my unrelenting to-do list.

I have hired two fantastic women to work with me, to make mine and your lives easier. Marcia will be my behind the scenes magician, helping me run the office much more smoothly than I've been able to. Natasha will probably be your favorite; an interior designer, she's going to be going into your homes following your session to help you decide what to do with your beautiful portraits. No more hikes all the way back to the loft for the ordering appointment... now the appointment is coming to you! I'm so excited about her joining my little team; she's pretty much a carbon copy of myself as far as personality goes (friendly, magnetic, funny and genuine).

Until this week, I thought there was no way I could delegate the delicate task of guiding and advising my clients in the selection process because there could be no one that would be able to do it quite like me. Then I thought of Natasha... and I know that not only will she be quite like me in this position, but she'll be even better than me for her interior design skills. I've won the employee lottery as far as I'm concerned!

I met some really great, talented photographers while I was away. One of them was Virgil. He defaulted to my favorite new friend because he took these fantastic portraits of me that I actually really really love... they really reflect who I am as a person and I think really convey my soul & spirit. So for once... here are a few portraits of me!






This is the man responsible for these shots! Check him out if you're photographer shopping in Charleston, South Carolina!



Don't give up on me just yet with blogging about last week's shoots... they're on the blog agenda!