Monday, January 08, 2007

The Romance of Motherhood

I truly believe there are two great loves in our lives; one of them for that special him or her we choose to grow old with, and the love that is born with our children. And for these two loves, there is romance. And as much as I treasure my relationship, I really believe the most powerful romance on this earth is the romance that is born between parent and child.



Because this romance is true, pure, unconditional, completely selfless and absolutely imperishable. This is the romance I look for when I'm photographing newborns with their parents.


Having your child photographed when it first enters this world is about more than photographs of their tiny little nose, fingers, and toes... it's about capturing the days you fell in love deeply with the most precious part of yourself.


I had the chance to meet little Mikaela yesterday afternoon, after having photographed her mum in all her pregnant glory just over a week earlier. This little bundle was nothing short of perfect. Here are a few sneak peeks of this shoot... Enjoy, and congratulations, Anna-Maria & Michael!