Sunday, January 07, 2007

To smile, or not to smile?

That is always the baby's question. But in the end, even if a baby wakes up with the incontrollable urge to put mom & dad to work singing & dancing in the photographer's studio in order to get a glimpse of the smiles & giggles they're so used to enjoying, there are always a few that slip out, and I'm usually pretty good at catching them!



But I can't lie; I'm always more interested in that quiet look in children, which I believe is always the most accurate portrait of a child's spirit. There's something about that thoughtful state that reveals the true nature of babies. When I catch those little muted glances, I see a soul that's constantly seeking to learn and absorb the people and emotions around them.


But in the end, I want to catch it all! And I think I achieved that with Liam and his parents this Saturday. Though Liam had his mum and dad pulling out all tricks to have him giggle, the end result of this shoot was really perfect. The quirkiest thing about this little family is that baby Liam found a way to own just about all of his daddy's features! And a proud daddy at that. I'm sure that the tables will turn one day when this little fella winds up with all of mum's best personality traits!
Here are a few of my favorites from that session. Enjoy the sneak peek, Amargit & Neil!