Saturday, January 05, 2008

Ma Belle Famille

When I was in Montreal last week I got to meet a nephew and two little nieces I hadn't met yet, and I was thrilled... I come from a very large family - my parents both have 12 brothers & sisters each! - so it's not entirely unusual for me to have relatives I've yet to meet, but now that I've met these little ones, I'll be sure to make a bigger effort to be a part of their lives.

Within a few minutes of meeting them, I set off to photograph them (because sans studio, I was limited to available light and an on-camera flash). I have to admit I was a little worried because the tricks & tactics I've learnt over the years have primarily been in English and I wasn't used to shooting in French... but everything went beautifully, and my heart just swells when I look at these photographs now. It's perhaps time I take a cross-Ontario and Quebec trip to capture all of my little relatives! I found it really moving to photograph kids that are a part of me somehow.

Here they are in no particular order, all of them being beautiful and as quirky & fun as the next!

This little baby girl is a sweet little cuddle bug, and do I even need to mention those beautiful eyes?





This little guy was a non-stop firecracker... as most boys are in front of my camera!!





And this little angel was quite the gem. I don't usually like dressy outfits, but she was wearing it because she wears this dress everyday when she marries her father in the living room, as my aunt stands in as a witness. Have you ever heard anything more sweet? No? Well I can add to it... her father (my cousin) is an opera singer and being a fan of Edith Piaf, has been watching her autobiographical movie with his daughter, who sings every song that's in the movie. Killer cute.





Last but not least (and not a child!) is my godmother... one of the warmest & kindest people I know. Here she is with her grand-daughter.



Noelle-Ange, Pierrette, Antonio, Jose-Luis, Mathieu, Isabelle & Eric, if you're seeing & reading this post, I love you all very much and can't wait to see you all again.