Monday, October 20, 2008

The Stare Master

It was my third shoot with Shaan and still, he was bent on winning the staring contest we've had going on for a year!



Mahima told me that whenever he's in front of a camera, Shaan goes blank and stares, and I really thought it'd be easier to break him out of it than it actually ended up being... all three times! But who's complaining? This girl loves a challenge! I think I got a nice little bust of energy here while this proud little new walker took off!



My favorite part of shoots with Shaan are the mom shots I get of him and Mahima; it's not always a piece of cake to get very intimate portraits of parents with their children, mostly because of this grown-up hyper-consciousness of the camera, sometimes it's just difficult to let go and forget about the camera. But Mahima does it so well... she just grabs Shaan and loves him right out loud, completely trusting that I'll capture beautiful things. I love it!