Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dance Parties & Natural Rubber Non-Toxic Assistants

This week has hands down been the busiest week of the year for me. My head is spinning with three consecutive to-do lists at all times, and it's hard for me to stop thinking about work even as my head hits the pillow.

How do I keep going? I have this playlist on my iTunes with a dozen songs that I can't help but move to. Whenever I get tired, or just before a session, I crank the "Move it!" playlist and dance around the loft for a solid ten minutes to get my energy back up. It began as a necessary thing to do... but I have to confess I've done it a few times this week just for the heck of it. You should try it sometime!

WELL. It's time I fess up and admit that sometimes (well okay, a lot of times), it's not just me evoking the smiles and giggles from gurgling babies. I have an assistant whose name is Sophie. Funny enough, I never really "hired" her myself... but she comes included with about 99% of families that arrive at the studio with a young baby. She's brilliant with kids. If only she could edit!!