Sunday, June 18, 2006

Did you say 23 people? In two hours??

This past weekend I had the pleasure of photographing the loveliest family. When Zainab first e-mailed me and inquired about portraits for a family of 23, my first thought was : « This is going to be a challenge! ». But after meeting everyone, I quickly realized that the only real challenge would be the ruthless sun that was beating down on all of us that Saturday afternoon.

This family was beautiful both esthetically and in spirit, and I felt honored to celebrate them with my work. Eighty-three year old Nana was one of the inspirations of the shoot, and she was such a sweet woman. One of my favorite shots includes her surrounded by her great-grandchildren.

I believe the most valuable riches in life are those we’ve created with love, and photographing the generations of this family was something that reaffirmed that for me. Here are a few portraits from that day.

Josée