Friday, December 22, 2006

Parent Portraiture

Today I had a session with sweet little Ava and her mum and dad.



And while going over the photos tonight, I realized something... I used to mostly focus on the child in my family sessions, leaving a few shots in the end for a few family photographs and a couple of mom-baby & dad-baby shots; but lately, I've really begun to enjoy and explore family photography and I have to say; in the end, photographs of parents with their children are often my favorites.

I love to study parents interacting with their children. Though there are always conversational tricks and special moves that parents are used to doing to gain the full attention and heart of their children, they're always different, and interesting, and sweet.

Today, Katy whispered secrets in her daughter's ear and I thought it was the most wonderful little trick.... not to mention photogenic! Here are a few portraits from my session today with Ava.