Friday, December 29, 2006

How do I love my job? Let me count the ways...

Let's take this week as an example. First, I get to hang out with Leighton and his parents to celebrate the almost first year anniversary of this brand new family.



The icing on the cake for this session was that at the end, Leighton got to enjoy his very first birthday cake!




Then, I get to spend some time with Claire and her mother to capture their relationship and friendship, which was really special... especially considering that this mum-daughter duo now live in separate countries. I love that when they're thinking about each other, they'll have these wonderful images to look back on.


Finally, I got to meet Rogan, whom I've technically already met... when he was in his mum's belly! If there was something more precious than capturing this baby boy, it was being able to have been there from the very beginning, and having been a witness to a love that was growing for him even before he entered the world. Rogan was a chatter! We had entire conversations today void of actual words!



So why do I love my job? Because in the end, I get to watch and capture families bond and enjoy each other, and I get to be a witness and journalist to the relationships that grow and bloom between them. I can honestly say that I am always smiling when I'm working. What more can a girl ask for, really?