Sunday, April 01, 2007

Here comes handsome!



Last weekend I met Zach and his parents for his first portrait session. Zach is a colicky baby, and I had to mention it because I think this is a perfect example of why parents shouldn't concern themselves with or use problems like these as an excuse to wait to have their child photographed.

It's really important for me to have my clients (and potential clients) know that when you come to me, I don't expect you to bring me a perfect smiling "robot" child. There's no such thing! I know it, I anticipate it, and I prepare myself for it. My photoshoots are not timed for this reason, and they are spaced out to allow for the unexpected. There is no pressure, I have an infinite amount of patience, and compassion.

This is why:









It's always worth it in the end. Zach's portraits are just precious, and I'm so happy we were all able to relax and take the time to make this happen. Look at those eyes!!