Saturday, April 21, 2007

Lola's Angels

I had a great shoot this afternoon with Lola & Michael's gorgeous, gorgeous kids. I know, I know... talk is talk, but look at these kids:







This session was so much fun, so light-hearted, so easy. There were great relationships and rapports shared between family members that made the whole process just flow beautifully.

I have to say that for a long time, the thought of a session with more than two children used to intimidate me a little, but lately, I've really taken a liking to it. As well as family portraits! Because I prefer to be an observer as opposed to a director setting up poses, I used to really not look forward to composing family portraits, but this past year, I've really been enjoying it. I've stopped trying to orchestrate the ultimate un-posed organized portrait and with little direction, have simply asked families to just "be" together, and what do you know... when done organically, magic just happens.