Tuesday, May 15, 2007

When Shy is a Good Thing

My session with Callum got started on the shy foot...



Why do I love sessions that present a challenge like this? Let me count the ways! First, for every mood, there is a turn...



No child stays shy for very long, so shy is such a non-issue. The second reason is that kids that aren't immediately joyful will go through a slew of emotions which gives me an excellent opportunity to create a portrait study; something I am always trying to do.



Finally, it's the moments I'm able to capture when the child needs to be comforted; mamas always come in with their sweet cuddles, which creates the most moving portraits.



In the end, my session with Callum was a huge success, and I wouldn't have had it any other way!



(Contrary to this sticker, Callum was not Made in China. He was made right here in Canada!)