Monday, June 23, 2008

Hands Off That Ponytail!!

It's not often I get an urge to smack a parent's hand out of the way but when Mia's mom reached over to fix her crooked ponytails, I had to chime in! "Hands OFF that ponytail!!"

I had a really good reason, though... This is my reason:







Now you may be thinking: "Josee, those are sort of all the same, did you have to post every single one of those ponytail pictures?" and my answer to this is: "Yes, very yes, they are each more beautiful and unique than the other, and together they work like a little poem that sings of what it is to be a little girl."

I think children are never more perfect than when they've come undone on the outside, because it's proof that on the inside, they are free little spirits that are too busy exploring and enjoying the world to worry about how they look. It's one of the reasons I completely adore photographing children.

Jenny & Michael aren't just blessed with gorgeous little Mia, they also have a little cookie named Carter who was just as lovely and fun to photograph. Here are a few more of my favorites from our session together.