Sunday, August 24, 2008

Spoiled Rotten

This week was one of my busiest weeks of the summer, all work and no play for me. But when things are slow or lonely for me on the personal front, I feel really lucky to do what I do because it keeps me smiling. I'll never take that for granted.

I was really very spoiled with a slew of gorgeous babies this week. One of them was Renée, who totally killed me with her smirky smile and that single bottom tooth she just got. I see baby teeth all the time but somehow I guess I only see them where there's two or more; there's something about that single tooth that I couldn't resist. I think it made me think of the babies you see in cartoons.

My session with Renée was easy peasy, and so much fun... have a peek at a few of my favorites.






I know I commonly do this mom window shot, but they all feel so different when I look at them because they portray different people who each have a unique connection. I love absolutely everything about this shot; the little backwards kick Renée has got going on, the little tongue-smirk she's giving me while she's owning the shot, the way her little hands are both in Valerie's hair and over Valerie's brow, and Valerie especially for that almost kiss that's not really a kiss, and this hug that takes a hug to a whole 'nother level; it's the kind of hug only a parent can give where you can tell it's not just the giving of love, but where they are so smitten with their child that they breathe them in when they're that close to them. It's a gorgeous thing to see.