Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Inspiration

I love affectionate families because they are like little muses to my eye; there's really nothing that needs to be done when they're here but to watch and capture, and in the end I'm left with these beautiful moments and these moving images... I consider it a gift when I have clients come to me and really give in to the comfortable and relaxing environment I provide to just be themselves and interact with each other as they would if they were home together. And I suppose in the end, they are gifting themselves, by allowing me to create memories that will warm their hearts for years to come.

I met Grace and her family not long ago and had the joy of spending some time with Chloe, who's as precious in spirit as she is in photographs. Here are a few of my favorite portraits from this session...









You know, toddlers with bellies are really special... but I'm getting pretty excited about getting to photograph toddlers with newborns very soon!