Friday, March 07, 2008

It's all just.... fun!

I am happy when at the end of a session, I hear parents say "Wow! That was fun!" because I've not only accomplished making the session stress-free and easy, but everyone is leaving having had a great time. That feels good!

And it's important, isn't it too? Because you can't very well look like you're having fun in a portrait if you're not. I had a session last week with Via, Avi and Liv (I'm not making this up! It's the magnificent two-syllable family!), and we had SO much fun. I'm giving all the credit to two-year-old Liv, who was a blast to hang out with. I used to think that toddlers were great for maternity sessions because of those beautiful belly shots with mommy's first hanging about, but now I realize there's another thing they're very very good at; lightening the mood and giving moms that lovely smile that could only come from looking at her beautiful child. There's nothing I could say that would evoke a warm and loving smile like that!

Here are a few peeks at my session with these three beautiful happy people, as they wait for Ava.