Friday, May 16, 2008

No Such Thing as a Bad Day

Yes it happens, sometimes babies are just not happy about being disturbed for a photoshoot. But when parents are trying not to stress and are panicking about the possibility of their session going way wrong, I'm busy shooting what have to be the best parenting portraits I could get. Because while baby is fussing, mom and dad are at their parenting best, soothing & cooing their babies with all the love and tenderness only a parent could have.

My session with Jude was one of these sessions, and I'm completely thrilled with what I captured that day. We of course got those golden moments were this little man was at his best... but we got these parenting shots more beautiful than I could ever had hoped for, too. Some of these I just don't think I would have gotten if Jude had been all peachy keen for the duration of the shoot.

My very favorite is the long shot of mom cuddling Jude to sleep. It's just sooo romantic, it feels like poem about motherhood.