Sunday, July 20, 2008

A little flower named Anita

Newborn sessions have to be my favorite kind of session this past little while, and I'm so glad I got to photograph a second five-day-old cookie last week. I'm spoiled! I saw Eliza and John with their little gem, Anita, a few days ago. Newborn sessions usually take the longest because we're often waiting for the baby to fall asleep, but if you're going to have to sit around and chat with a couple you don't know that well for up to two hours, wouldn't you choose to do it with a couple who's brimming with joy because they just had a beautiful baby?

My session with Anita was perfect. My favorite part of it was watching John being the expert at calming and putting Anita to sleep. I don't see it very often since dads are usually a little clumsy with this stuff, so it was so special to watch. I had to take a few shots of that.

Have a peek at some of my favorites... they'll make you swoon, I promise.