Monday, October 20, 2008

This is Glee

It was my second shoot with the Sooknanan's, and the second was just as loud as the first, even though this time there was a brand new little bundle included. Siera and Brandon were the same firecrackers I'd met just a few short weeks before, but this time they were overjoyed with the new addition to the family, and really happy to see me again, so the room was busting with energy!

I have to admit my head was spinning at this session; it was planned at the last minute, and that just a few hours before my flight left for North Carolina, and being the frazzled disorganized artist girl that I am, my bags weren't yet packed. After the session, I literally collapsed on the couch when the door closed while listening the brood trample down the stairs to the parking lot. And I maybe even contemplated for a minute or two why I would schedule something at such the last minute, on such a busy day, with still so many things to accomplish before I left.

But you know what? I'm so glad I did. The portraits are so special, so exciting, so joyful and moving. If they hadn't been taken that day, they wouldn't be just as they are. I love this family for their joy and energy, look at these gorgeous moments I was able to capture...






This is one of my favorite shots of the kids because I can almost hear them laughing when I look at it. They are so much fun!



I couldn't resist posting this... look at Siera checking out her baby sister's little button nose. AH-dorable!